What future features would you like to see in groov View?

A few things, which may have already been mentioned:

• Ability to scale PAC Control variables/table entries like you can with Modbus device.
  • Ability to have read/write gadget that reads one tag but can write to another.
  • Ability to change text based on an integer value, such as 0 = Closed, 1 = Open, 2 = Fault.
1 Like

Yes Philip I found same thing, not sure what the point of it is if not what you mentioned.
Also, I just discovered that the Auto Navigator only works on an open screen, again, so what’s the point??? So if my customer just happens to be on the right page it will work, or am I supposed to put each one of these Auto Navigator gadgets on all of the pages to ensure it will work?

Id like to see the ability to add custom font packages now that we have local storage on the PR1 and RIO. Also, what are the chances we could get the latest RGB picker for everything across the board? Using hex for shape objects is fantastic, would be nice to be able to do the same for background color and LED color too.

1 Like

The ability to cache the previous few screens to speed up some navigation. ie. if a user jumps back and forth between 2-3 screens for the majority of use. Or maybe select in the project which screens to always load (with a max number).

1 Like

Could you, perhaps, allow a find/replace of PAC table element indexes? That way you don’t need to find much if anything from the server, because you should already know if they’re indexes…

Another, hopefully simpler one, why can’t you use integer and integer table elements as true-false indicators for visibility or status? Since there are no internal booleans in PAC control, that means any time I want to make a status, I have to cheat… (I use a filled rectangle and change it’s size from 0 to 1 meaning visible or not). That seems a backwards way to go about it…

What about an option in Text Box Gadgets to mask the user input with asterisks or dots? Im playing with the idea of locking out functions unless the user has a password and because the value is being written to a string, it stays visible until the value is cleared or a new entry is made. If we could mask the visual of the input so that onlookers cannot see the string that would be pretty cool.
Edit: I also just noticed that depending on which variable is chosen in the LED gadget the color palette changes as well. With a boolean I have the usual 56 choices, but if I use an integer I only have 32.

I like to provide instruction pages build into the HMI. This requires large areas of text. Would it be possible to have the text box recognize a double carriage return and put a blank line between paragraphs? It shows correctly in the gadget properties but on the screen itself there is no blank line.

@christian.murphy My sneaky way of getting around this is add a return, then use the alt code 255 (hold alt and type 255), then another return. Looks like this

Gadget
Opto Gadget

Results
Opto Text

2 Likes

Thom, I was wondering if there was a command like that! I had tried \n and such like. I have not been able to get the alt code 255 to work for me however. You hold down the alt key while typing the 255, correct? When I try that I still get no space between the rows. Though I said in my original post “text box”, I am actually using the “text area” gadget as it appears you are. I am using Goov version R4.2b (r59721) built July 13, 2020.

The key to successful ‘ALT’ codes is that it must be done on a numeric keypad, not the numbers at the top of the usual keyboard.
And you can use text box, just don’t put a ‘#’ in there and no tag will be scanned. (If I recall correctly).

1 Like

That was the trick. It worked even using the NumLock on a laptop keyboard. Thank you!

Blockquote @Thom Id like to see the ability to add custom font packages now that we have local storage on the PR1 and RIO. Also, what are the chances we could get the latest RGB picker for everything across the board? Using hex for shape objects is fantastic, would be nice to be able to do the same for background color and LED color too.

Ditto, I’d like to see these features as well.

Sorry if this has been mentioned previously:

Conditional formatting of shapes based on tag data.

Example: If(“tag1 value” is between “0-75”, then “Green”, else “no color”)

1 Like

I would like to see Drop Down Lists and the ability to Drop a table instead of Multiple Text boxes.

3 Likes

Is Groov View getting any love? Things seem to have slowed down… Pandemic?

The pandamic has not changed the developers time at all. We moved to a work-from-home mode very quickly and smoothly back in March.
So in short, yes, the devs are still working on groov View at the same pace.
There was a maintenance update delivered just a few weeks back for the AR1 and groov Server for Windows and it will be included in the new EPIC firmware.
Speaking of which, we are all hard at work on groov EPIC firmware 3.0 at the moment and after that there will be a new version of groov View released with some new features…so just hang in there and you will see the fruits of our labors soon.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, Ben. Eagerly await seeing some of our wants/needs coming to light.

I would like a new context menu item for gadgets called Duplicate and Increment Index. This would duplicate the selected widgets like it does now, but also increment any Table Index settings.

Since we don’t have tables, this will make building them from individual widgets slightly less tedious.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, you don’t need to go all the way into the tag chooser to change table indices any longer:

1 Like