If we could get an event viewer type log so that when the customer calls and is yelling about how the system "went haywire" (to put it nicely) I can get them to email me their interaction log and see if it was user error or if we actually have a problem in the field. This month alone Ive had to travel three times because of meaty thumbs and shaky hands. Its nice for billing but not so nice when you have to tell the customer to be more intentional about how they interact with the HMI.
This would clean up my OptoScript blocks tremendously.
And how about the text itself changes when the value changes? Think ON/OFF or direction, indicator lights only go so far.
To add to this list:
- Simple shape creator, with stroke, fill, color, rotation.
- The option to hide the top caption bar.
- Choosing which state the “Confirm Writes” appears with the option of choosing the text that pops up on that confirmation. Usually I only want the customer to verify that they are about to do something that is potentially dangerous, but having that confirm write pop up when they disengage only serves as a hazard.
- In the Image Library, change the order so that the newest image uploaded is at the top instead of the bottom. Potentially allow for a “per page” view so that you can manage the images based on page rather than searching through the whole library to find every item.
- Ability to change the stroke and color of the Divider Gadget
- In text box gadgets center the value instead of anchoring it to the left.
- A gadget to incrementally change numeric values would be a big bonus, similar to what they have in Qlarity. Having to select the Text Box Gadget, then select the text box in the popup window, then enter the value has been a point of complaint for some of our clients. The ability to make those small adjustments with an up and down arrow would be great.
- Making gadgets invisible on View but still functional could serve a good purpose for our systems.
- Pop up windows would be great, similar to Confirm Writes, right now I have to build separate pages for little pieces of information that don’t need an entire page and dont belong on the parent page. On that note, have the ability to launch pages based on events or variables would also be very handy.
- Audible alarms would be really handy as well.