Settings/Presets: Name, store, and recall your output values (discrete and/or analog)

Hi All,

Ever have the need to save the current state of certain outputs, to recall at another time?

For example, we have a nifty [I]groov [/I]Demo which involves a fish tank that’s lit and animated using an assortment of digital and analog outputs. To put the tank in a particular state, say, “party mode” perhaps, or “green volcano” in the case pictured, I wrote a looping chart, attached below (import into any 9.3 or newer PAC Control strategy).

I use the pointer table (called [B]ptScenePoints[/B]) essentially as the list of outputs I’m going to store or recall for each “scene.” I also have 3 more tables where each index corresponds to a particular scene number.

First is a string table called [B]stSceneNames [/B]which is just a label for each scene. In the image, I’ve named the first three (scenes 0, 1, and 2) to be “all off/dark” or “purple volcano” or “green volcano.”

Next I have a float table called [B]ftSceneOutputValues[/B]. Since each scene can have many values, I’m leaving room for up to 100 by have scene 0’s settings start at 0, scene 1 starts at 100, 2 and 200, etc.

Finally, a set of scene states (a Numeric Table) called [B]stSceneState [/B]where a scene’s value of 0 is the normal (nothing happening); 1 is what the HMI will sent to say: “save settings” (cleared when done by the chart); and 2 means “recall settings” (also cleared when done).

Below I’ve attached the looping logic which appropriately updates these various tables.

To hook this up to the HMI of your choice (e.g. [I]groov [/I]shown here), you just need 2 buttons and one text input for each scene you’ll allow the user to name, store, and recall. The name is just hooked to the string table [B]stSceneNames[X][/B], the Store button will send a 1 to [B]ntSceneState[X][/B] and the Recall button sends 2 (also to ntSceneState[X]), as pictured below for [5]:

To use it, you can name a scene, get all your outputs set to correspond to that mood/preset, and press “Store.”

For my first scene, I created one with everything off (perhaps the state I’d what to “Recall” when I’m walking out the door). That also helps for testing other scenes. I can do a “Store” of a new party mode. Then “Recall” the off state, then “Recall” my new party mode and see everything go!

Be sure to always [I]groov [/I]and party responsibly, of course. :slight_smile:

-OptoMary

Here’s the chart to import:
StoreRecallR9_3Basic.zip (3.92 KB)