Groov EPIC 3.3.1 Firmware has been released

Hey everyone.

We have a new firmware release for the groov EPIC.
Coming in as 3.3.0 there are a slew of new features, lets bullet point the highlights super quick:

• Users can now be configured with a global or per user session timeout value.
  • Update the LetsEncrypt certificate.
  • Moved the Network option out of the System page and onto its own menu button.
  • Broke out the Network Diagnostics link into each function with their own menu buttons.
  • Port Redirect feature refined. (Don’t forget it is also part of the API so can be turned on and off via REST calls).
  • Static routes added to the Network options.
  • GRV-IVAPM-3. Three phase power monitoring module. (Lots more about these two modules soon).
  • GRV-MM1001-10. Pretty much our RIO mixed signal, multi-function module on a rack.
  • groov View project and trends are now automatically backed up and restored as part of a firmware update going forward. (Don’t forget to back it (and everything else) up from groov Build before doing this update!).
  • Added support for the 10 to 25 v AC digital input channel type on the GRV-IDCI-12.
  • Added support for the ‘Disabling’ of points on the GRV-ITR-12 to speed up scanning of the points that are in use. Along with this, the option of ‘FastADC’ for the entire module to speed it up even further (with a few percent hit in accuracy).
  • Modules menu button was renamed I/O. Added I/O Services link at the bottom of the page.
  • Moved the I/O Reference button to Info and Help menu.
  • Ignition and Ignition Edge versions 7 and 8 were updated.
  • Node-RED.
    • Added new user type for Dashboard access only (can not view or edit flows).
    • Added the ability to view Node-RED dashboard on the EPIC touch screen
    • Added on screen keyboard for Node-RED dashboard.
    • Added the option to launch the Node-RED dashboard at first login.
    • Upgraded Node-RED to version 2.0.6 and Node.js version to 12.22.
  • Upgraded Codesys runtime engine and Opto 22 Library Package versions.
  • Over 20 bug fixes.

As usual, more info in the readme and KBs, or ask here and I will see what I can find out.
Grab your update file from your manage.groov.com portal.

5 Likes

Is the above the correct p/n for an EPIC I/O module? I do not see it as an available choice at Opto22 - Demo: groov EPIC Configurator

Doesn’t look like the new modules are on the website yet, can’t find form 2351 or 2353.

@Beno, you didn’t mention this: GRV-R7-I1VAPM-3

More info coming soon.
The part numbers are correct, but they are not for pre-order yet.
I guess I should have been more clear about the hype cycle… They are real products, I have them on my desk, they are a few weeks from release if that.

1 Like

Its more than a few weeks out Philip, so no mention. The other two EPIC modules will be released before the RIO energy monitoring unit.

Just a headsup forum lurkers…(And I say that very affectionately)

Our QA team here just found a bug in computed tags in groov View.
As such around Nov 2nd we are going to release 3.3.1 that addresses this bug. At the moment, that’s the only update/change that will be in 3.3.1.

Will keep you posted.

I just know that one (or more) of you is going to ask when is 3.3 out for the RIO… And yes, its got a lot of similar updates as the EPIC 3.3.0.
Our target date (which we reserve the right to change! (grin)) is Nov 22nd.

2 Likes

Ok, the current firmware 3.3.1 has just been placed in your manage.groov.com portal.

3 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2.0.6 breaks node restore feature