USB to WiFi Adapter

Hi guys and gals

In the RIO users guide it states the TP Link Archer T1U is compatible with the RIO.
This device is no longer being produced and is replaced with the T2U which I can buy locally.
Before I buy I want to make sure it will work? I assume it will but that’s landed me in trouble before.

Capture

T1U will work.
T2U will NOT work. (I and others have tested it).

You are kind of ahead of the curve by ~1.8 days, but we have some good news coming about Wifi adapters for the RIO. (If you can wait that long).

I can wait - thanks Ben

Great news. I can hardly wait :yum:

1.8 days have passed, Ben :rofl:

Yup. And in just a few hours, the web guys will post it to the site and you will be good to go.

1 Like

Slight glitch in the Matrix… a ‘few’ more hours please… (Trust me, its worth the wait).

hanging on for dear life here…

1 Like

The suspense is killing me.

Ok, so the slight glitch has clearly delayed things longer than we wanted/hoped/planed.
Monday the 30th is our new target.

Still glitching there guys n gals?

The 3.0 Firmware for groov RIO has been released yesterday.

The readme is available here.

Now the groov RIO supports the Netis WF2190 USB to WiFi Adapter.

1 Like

The Netis WF2190 seems to be too big, any dongle alternative?

Yes. Just check the users guide for the different Wifi adapters we support.

For the dongle you have perhaps you can use a USB extension lead. They are available in all different lengths.

Hello! I can’t seem to get the USB WiFi adapter to work. I’ve tried the TP-Link AC600-T2U and the Linksys AC600. The port is enabled, SSID passphrase entered. The MAC address does not show up. I tried a couple of resets to no avail. Any input is welcome!
Thanks

Hi there. Welcome to the forums.

I wonder if you have hit this bug?

We are working on an updated firmware release to address it, but is a few days out yet.

Possible, but I don’t even see a MAC address. I’ll try a reset with the adapter plugged in. Thanks!

No, that didn’t work either.

Ah, I had to do a double-take on the adapters you are testing… They are not supported on the RIO.
Here is the user manual list:

The TP link must be the T1U and the Linksys must be the AE6000.
I have tested the T2U and know that it does not work, I have not tested the Linksys, but you already know the answer to that one… The build of Linux we use has limited drivers.

Ok, that would explain then. Thanks for info!