New groov IO Nodes

Node-RED fans…
We have released three new Node-RED nodes, all in the Node-RED-contrib-groov-IO package.

Now you can talk directly to your IO points or any MMP address

There are three types of nodes available:

• Input: scans for changes to an I/O channel value or property.
  • Read: reads the current value or a related property of an I/O channel or MMP address.
  • Write: writes a value to an I/O channel or MMP address.

Check them out yourself;

1 Like

I have been playing with these. Roughly speaking, how often can one read an analog module? I looked at the node exports and noticed one had a scan setting of 1, which I presume is 1 per second. I would like to do multiple reads of all channels at sub-second intervals.

You are right, the scan interval is fixed at once per second on these nodes which is the Node-RED ‘recommended’ (default) poll rate… It is also the groov View update rate.
Depending on what your end goal is, for many channels at sub second, I question if Node-RED is the right tool… Perhaps some Python would be the right way to do that?

Can you share a little more about what you are doing, where the data is coming from and going to. We can take a step back and see whats going to be the right approach for you, or offer some suggestions.

So here is a possibility for Node-RED…
Use the PAC Read node and leave the tag name blank, as it says, if you leave it blank, it will get all the tags and their value.
Now you can (try and) use an inject node with the sub-second scan rate you are needing.
Note, you will also need a function node to parse the data out of the array that is returned.
(Let me know if this is not clear and I can include a screen shot of the blank tag in the PAC read node).