Groov View / EPIC Active IP Address

Is it possible to determine which Network (on a dual Ethernet EPIC) the Groov View Interface session is active or sending a command ?

WHY - this is in regard to Dynamic HTTP Links via Groov View

Was able to figure out how to have a Dynamic Link on Groov View using Node Red (at least in testing) BUT with dual Ethernet capability of the EPIC the IP address (or hostname) of an active session is required to make the connection work.

Yes I can setup the system that only one network is used for Groov View and basically fix the IP (or hostname) in the setup.

But if we can determine who is sending a command (Network wise) and/or interfacing via Groov View we may be helpful beyond our immediate question.

Is there a way to determine or capture which users are sending commands ? (different topic but if you know how to monitor which network / session is sending a command then you may know how to do this).

If it can be done - let me know.

@Beno - is if safe to assume (due to no responses) that knowing which network / session is sending commands (ie. E1 active sending a command via groov view when both networks are setup) is not something that is accessible (or at least easily accessible).

Hi Lou… Looks like I need an ‘out of office’ auto responder on the forums < grin >

@Jonathan_Fischer Do you have any thoughts on this one?

Would allowing relative links solve some of these issues?

I don’t see an immediate way to do this, no. groov View doesn’t pay attention to the network interfaces, it just makes connections and lets the kernel decide where they get routed through. As for incoming requests, all HTTPS traffic is terminated at nginx and proxied through to the various services, so from groov View’s perspective all requests come from localhost. (We do pass through the original address via an HTTP header, but don’t read it back again on the groov View side.)

Thanks for letting me know.

The issues is trying to provide file access (or downloads) to users who you do NOT want to have Groov Manage access (nor direct file area access). With Node-Red I’m able to do this (provide a means to download files via the browser) but this approach needs to be setup on one network or another.

If I stick with Groov View on only one of the subnets then my approach should work.