AR1 - Local Storage vs Epic

Good day to all,

I have recently completed a application on the groov-Epic where I store transaction data to a CSV file for the day, in addition to capturing the data, I capture a image via a IP Camera and store it in a *.jpg format.

This data is stored in the unsecured portion on the Groov-Epic (/home/dev/unsecured/). The images are then transferred off via ftp every 5 minutes and deleted from the local storage thereby not using to much space. The CSV files remains local until the next day when a new one is created and the old on transferred off the groov-Epic via the same mechanism. All working very well.

Why I am typing to you, I am trying to replicate this functionality using the groov-box AR1, I notice it has local storage space available but cannot locate documentation on the path used to store data to it.

In a nut-shell, can I and if so what is the path ?

Best Regards

Are you using Node-RED to do this?
If so Node-RED on the AR1 box is run by the user ‘dev’, so that user has write access to his/her/their home directory… so that would be /home/dev

Ben, thankyou for your reply.

I am using Node-Red yes, for the storage and FTP component with only one current user profile being Admin.

I will test what you have mentioned and let you know.

Thanks again

Hi Ben,

Got access to the file system, thanks a plenty.
Small issue to resolve with the ftp not connecting or get past the security to transfer the data off

Regards
Robin