AR1 - Local Storage vs Epic

Good day to all,

I have recently completed a application on the groov-Epic where I store transaction data to a CSV file for the day, in addition to capturing the data, I capture a image via a IP Camera and store it in a *.jpg format.

This data is stored in the unsecured portion on the Groov-Epic (/home/dev/unsecured/). The images are then transferred off via ftp every 5 minutes and deleted from the local storage thereby not using to much space. The CSV files remains local until the next day when a new one is created and the old on transferred off the groov-Epic via the same mechanism. All working very well.

Why I am typing to you, I am trying to replicate this functionality using the groov-box AR1, I notice it has local storage space available but cannot locate documentation on the path used to store data to it.

In a nut-shell, can I and if so what is the path ?

Best Regards

Are you using Node-RED to do this?
If so Node-RED on the AR1 box is run by the user ‘dev’, so that user has write access to his/her/their home directory… so that would be /home/dev

Ben, thankyou for your reply.

I am using Node-Red yes, for the storage and FTP component with only one current user profile being Admin.

I will test what you have mentioned and let you know.

Thanks again

Hi Ben,

Got access to the file system, thanks a plenty.
Small issue to resolve with the ftp not connecting or get past the security to transfer the data off

Regards
Robin

How do you get access to the file system? I installed node-red-contrib-protobuf. To configure it, I need to know where the palette is stored. I though it would be /home/dev/unsecured/sparkplub_b.proto but, that turnout to be not the case since I get a file not found error. The palette says it is installed. Where do these palettes get stored when you install them?

EDIT. See this post for more information; Accessing where Palletes are stored on a AR1 - #2 by Beno

Are you talking about the AR1?

Also did you see Terrys post here about that node?

1 Like

Hi, apologies for the belated response.

I was storing a jpeg file to “/home/dev/unsecured/” and would later ftp it onto a remote PC. Once completed the file was removed from the AR1 to ensure their will always be enough space.

No longer use this process though, have opted the MQTT route and this has proven to be very reliable.

Great to hear that you have moved to MQTT to move data off the AR1.
The payload makes no difference to MQTT.
Here is a post that we did on publishing (moving) images via MQTT;