Will PAC Display support for Unicode fonts? - old forum post

nvl

Joined on 07-12-2007
Posts 19
Will PAC Display support Unicode fonts

Hi,

As I use SNAP PAC for Vietnam market. Most of our customer request Vietnamese fonts on PAC Display. I found PAC Display does not support unicode fonts so far. Please advise how to display Vietnamese fonts on PAC Display. Thank you.

10-12-2007, 1:54 PM

kdowney

Joined on 05-10-2007
Opto 22
Posts 28
Re: Will PAC Display support Unicode fonts

One thing you can try is to load a font that has Vietnamese characters on to your computer. This will give you capability to create text objects in PAC Display with Vietnamese characters. To change the font the font before you type the text, choose

Text->Font->True Type

This is a work around for only the text objects. If you plan on using unicode fonts for logging and line printing, you can get some weird behavior

10-14-2007, 9:49 AM

gmitchell

Joined on 12-01-2003
Optomation Systems, Madrid, Spain
Posts 153

I’m not an expert on Vienamese fonts, but here’s another useful way of getting non supported languages into PAC Display graphics.

1. Develop required text or descriptors in other software packages.
  2. Use screenprint key to copy the complete screen.
  3. Open the Microsoft Paint program and import the copied screen.
  4. Cut out the text area and save only this in bitmap or jpeg format.
  5. Import this as an object into PACDisplay Using File>Choose Bitmap or Edit>Paste From File>Import JPEG.

Confirming that this is only useful for graphic displays and not for alarm printing, logging etc.

11-12-2007, 7:10 AM

nvl

Joined on 07-12-2007
Posts 19

Thank you, the bitmap surely works, but limited. Hope new version of PAC Display will support Unicode fonts.
11-12-2007, 8:22 AM
kdowney

Joined on 05-10-2007
Opto 22
Posts 28

I will pass your request on to the developers.

Thanks.

-Kelly D.