Wi-Fi WPA-2 Enterprise and EAP Certificate Authentication

Good Day All!

I have an OPTO 22 groov RIO, GRV-R7-MM1001-10, with the latest firmware. I am using the unit in a demo capacity at the moment and am in the process of proving out it’s various functions. One of the functions is Wi-Fi connectivity via the USB port and a Wi-Fi dongle. The manufacturing wireless network that I am trying to connect to requires WPA-2 Enterprise and EAP Certificate Authentication. I know that this form of authentication is not listed in the data sheet but it would be great to know if this is planned for a future update to the groov RIO. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Hello Timothy, and welcome to the OptoForums!

Thank you for testing out our RIO for your application. We appreciate it.

Regarding Wi-Fi, while we do support WPA-2, we don’t currently support WPA-2 Enterprise with EAP Certificate Authentication. We’d be happy to consider future support, and I’ve added a feature request to engineering.

Thanks again for considering Opto 22 products.

Cheers, -Benson

Good Afternoon Benson,

Thank you for the quick reply! I completely understand, it is a specific use-case. It would be great if that functionality could be incorporated so that Wi-Fi can be accessible in a elevated security network environment (government & defense).

Regards,

Tim