Which one is better when using groov-svr-win + kepware or grove-ar1?

A customer has several sets of Siemens PLC control systems. Two sets of S7 400 and three sets of S7 300 have Ethernet interfaces. He wants to collect some production data for remote monitoring through PC or mobile phone. I know groov-ar1 can meet his requirements, but I don’t know how to do it.

1. Can groov-ar1 achieve this requirement?
  2. Is the function of groov view in groov-ar1 the same as that of groov SVR win?
  3. Which one is better when using groov-svr-win + kepware or grove-ar1?
  4. What needs to be done on the PLC?
  5. How to configure on groov-ar1?
    Who has been a friend, please help me.
  1. Can groov-ar1 achieve this requirement? YES
  2. Is the function of groov view in groov-ar1 the same as that of groov SVR win? YES
  3. Adding…
  4. What needs to be done on the PLC? What PLC?
  5. How to configure on groov-ar1? You will need to buy license GROOV-LIC-EDGE

Please pay VERY careful attention to the very first part of the AR1 webpage… It states…

NOTE: Although still fully supported and in production, the groov Edge Appliance (groov Box) is a legacy product not recommended for new development . For new industrial internet of things (IIoT) projects that do not require local I/O, we recommend a groov EPIC processor (GRV-EPIC-PR1 or GRV-EPIC-PR2) on a chassis zero (GRV-EPIC-CHS0, with no I/O slots).

PLC is S7 300、S7 400、S7 1500

GRV-EPIC-PR1,It’s a good idea, but it’s new to me. I don’t know how to use it :grinning:

Its exactly the same software as the AR1.
groov View and Ignition.
No different.

The document clearly supports the communication with Siemens and ab series PLC. What about Schneider PLC? Is there a detailed list of supported PLC devices?

It is VERY important that you understand that the groov EPIC (and the AR1) simply pre-install the standard version of Inductive Automation Ignition.
We do not modify, add or subtract from it at all.

Thus your question is answered over on the Inductive website:
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC80/OPC+UA+Drivers