- No alpha sort when adding or searching tags. Really big deal. If you have thousands of variables, and every single time you go to add or change a tag, you have to use that scroll bar to find the tag is mind numbing.
Agreed. The primary reason we don’t have it at present is OPC-UA: when we were adding OPC-UA support, searching the tags on an OPC-UA server wasn’t an option, so we were stuck with the tree model. I haven’t revisited it recently.
- When changing tags or text, no double click to make the change. Move mouse to object box to change text, then click on text. Instead of F2 then start typing.
Also agreed: faster ways to get at that stuff would be nice.
- No find and replace. This is huge. If I spend a day(s) perfecting a screen, I’ll have to spend another day just reconnecting all the tags if I want to copy a screen. In Pac Display this takes seconds.
This is harder than it sounds. We don’t keep track of what device a given tag is on: as far as the gadgets are concerned a tag is just an integer that the server will look up somewhere when it’s time to scan for data. Something that seems straightforward like just finding and replacing the device on a page gets hairy really fast.
- Copy screen, currently it drops all the tags…what is the point?
Not sure what you mean on this one?
- Either provide a simple means of building your own gadgets, or provide a simple set of objects that can be assembled into one just like Pac Display.
Definitely on the future feature list already.