Questions about groov's Video gadget proxy

2017-10-01T15:00:44+08:00 Error occurred when connecting to URL null: null WARN - com.opto22.groov.server.ReProxyServlet
2017-10-01T15:10:29+08:00 Error occurred when connecting to URL null: null WARN - com.opto22.groov.server.ReProxyServlet
2017-10-01T15:11:15+08:00 Error occurred when connecting to URL null: null WARN - com.opto22.groov.server.ReProxyServlet
2017-10-01T15:12:29+08:00 Error occurred when connecting to URL null: null WARN - com.opto22.groov.server.ReProxyServlet
2017-10-01T15:12:44+08:00 Error occurred when connecting to URL null: null WARN - com.opto22.groov.server.ReProxyServlet
2017-10-01T15:12:59+08:00 Error occurred when connecting to URL null: null WARN - com.opto22.groov.server.ReProxyServlet
2017-10-01T15:13:59+08:00 Error occurred when connecting to URL null: null WARN - com.opto22.groov.server.ReProxyServlet
2017-10-01T15:18:30+08:00 Error occurred when connecting to URL null: null WARN - com.opto22.groov.server.ReProxyServlet
2017-10-01T15:19:44+08:00 Error occurred when connecting to URL null: null WARN - com.opto22.groov.server.ReProxyServlet

When I use the Groov’s Video proxy option, this warning message appears in large numbers. Without using this option, there is no such information. Why?

1. I asked this question a few days ago at this forum. What’s the reason? Can anyone tell me?

2. Is there any problem with my project configuration? Where is my mistake?

It makes me confused

1. When you last asked this question (I had to go back and look to find it), you simply made a post 'Why is it so?'
    There was no information in the question, so I think that is why it was not answered.
    Please try and post information about the question.

2. I looks like that on one of your pages you have a video gadget with no URL.

3. Backup your project.

4. On every page, look carefully for every gadget. You have an empty video gadget on one of your pages (it may be hidden behind another gadget - which is why you need to pull apart all your pages looking for an empty square shaped video gadget).

The clue is in the error message you posted ‘URL null’. That means you have a video gadget with no URL.
It throws the error because it can not find the video camera image, since there is no URL to the camera.

Perhaps you accidentally double clicked when placing video camera gadgets and have two layered on top of each other?
This will make it appear if it is working, but the blank one underneath the working one has no URL and is causing the error.

Thanks Ben

1. The Groovr's page cannot be refreshed properly
    When I was consulting this question, I looked at the log file and found a lot of this warning.
    =========
    I used 6 video gadgets, one page three, and the remaining three pages one, URL is normal. There’s no other video gadgets anymore.
    When I use the Groov proxy option, this warning message appears in large numbers. Without using this option, there is no such information. It is the same in Firefox and chrome, although the image can not be displayed normally in chrome.
    This is my test at home, unable to connect to specific equipment. Go to the site for real test tomorrow.
    If that’s the case, I’m going to use Firefox, and not use proxy options.

user:wgzhp password:wg8111211
backup.D10092017.T143001.tar.zip (234.8 KB)

1. That’s what your developers explained to me,I didn’t find that mistake
  2. I’ve backed up a project and put it on the forums
  3. .I was going to look up my groov project again.Be more careful, more careful :grinning:

It’s always confusing when you don’t find the cause.

I wish it was my mistake

Next, my clients want to monitor the system status with a mobile phone, 6 cameras, through the firewall. What if you can’t use the proxy option of groov?

Looking more over that code now, there’s a bug that’s preventing it from logging the URL it’s actually trying to reach.

Let’s turn on debug logging for the proxy servlet and see if that helps us narrow it down.

1. Go into the Log Viewer, and click on Advanced Configuration… in the lower left corner.
  2. Add this line to the bottom of the text box that appears: com.opto22.groov.server.ReProxyServlet=DEBUG
  3. Click Save
  4. If you’re not yet running groov R3.4c, you’ll need to restart groov to get the changes to take effect. (Another silly bug.)
  5. Once the changes have applied, change the Minimum log level shown dropdown in the lower left corner to DEBUG and click Apply.
  6. After it reloads you should start seeing messages that look like this: DEBUG com.opto22.groov.server.ReProxyServlet - reverseProxy() - request for URL=<real-url-goes-here>

That’ll let you know every time the proxy tries to reach a URL and we can hopefully correlate it with the error lines and figure out what’s going on.

The customer has started using the system normally, using the Firefox browser, and the video proxy is not used in the project. It has been used for 2 weeks without warning
The project is over, and I can’t interrupt their work often
Wait for your test results.

Please let me know if you have any information. Thank you!