Port 22001 reset

Hi Community
I’ve been meaning to get to this question for a while now. We have quite a few SNAP-PAC controllers scattered around a site and every so often a controller looses comms with PAC Display. Opening PAC terminal and trying to connect to the controller results in a Ethernet socket error (-10057) on port 22001. Then using PAC Manager on port 2001 we can read the device. Device will respond to a ping so from the outside it looks healthy.
The only way to get port 22001 active again is to restart from powerup via PAC Manager. SNMP walks show active connections but not that many to refuse connections (i think the limit is 160?).
My question is… is there a way via PAC manager or snmp? or another method to restart or release port 22001 WITHOUT restarting the controller? Has anyone had a similar problem?
Or if not, has anyone used mmp/snmp to detect non responsive ports and restart the controller?
Thanks
Nick

1 Like

I am sitting with a similar problem currently at one of my clients using the S1 controller. However I can connect via PAC Terminal.
PAC Manager connects perfectly and I can only connect via PAC Control or get comms again once reset/reboot is done on the controller. After some time it stops responding again.
I didn’t really have this issue on PAC10.3
I updated to 10.5 and installed the latest firmware on the S1 controller - then this started happening

The issue is not linked to a version, its just a matter of comm handles and the controller TCP/IP stack runs out of empties to accept connections.
@nick_stephens and I have been aware of this issue for a while now and its hard to get to the bottom of it, but its 100% linked to your strategy and a remote device or anything that uses TCP sockets.
PAC Manager still works as it uses a different port and UDP. Same with ping, the controller responds to that because it does not require a socket on port 22001.

1 Like

100% thank you Beno - Just got some info from your amazing support. Funny how the small details are overlooked by us when in front of the screen.