PAC Display URL Window User Agent

I’ve recently begun using a combination of InfluxDB and Grafana for some of my historical charting with my Groov EPIC controllers. I really like the solution. I would like to be able to display a Grafana page using a URL window, but I can’t get it to work. Here’s an example of a public URL that I can’t get to work in a URL window: Grafana. One of the errors I get mentions a non-supported browser with a link to some help on the topic. I’ve tried setting a custom user agent string in PAC display, but haven’t had any luck. Has anybody else run into this issue, where a website won’t display in a URL window? Any thoughts?

If it helps, I’ve tried the following from here:

• Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
  • Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.103 Safari/537.36

Its not you, its us.

The PAC Display URL gadget/tool uses an older version of Chromium (headless - I think).
Let me double check that, but I am 98% sure that’s why its not showing Grafana pages.

@Beno: I get that. I guess I’m more wondering if there’s actually a technical reason why the page couldn’t be displayed with some UA trickery. If the browser control is lacking technical ability required by Grafana, then I’m out of luck. I’m just hoping that’s not the case.

Grafana uses some pretty cutting edge stuff to build and display its pages… I have just started kicking at it a bit at home and yeah, I hit many brick walls pretty quickly with it (mostly because I wanted to use an old iPad with a cracked screen I was gifted as a Grafana dashboard for my weather station).
I also found it tricky to render each graph as a png to display in the groov View camera gadget.

In short, the Chrome version required to display Grafana needs to be very current, so mucking with the user agent is not going to change anything… our version of Chrome simply cant render (build) the page.
(But I am double checking with the software guys to be sure about this).

@Beno: I appreciate you checking. It’s not a dealbreaker for me, just would have been convenient. I figured this was an easier ask than asking you all to integrate all my favorite Grafana graphing features into PAC Display SuperTrends (among other similar pie in the sky wishlist feature requests I could make).

Ok, can confirm… the current version of Chromium in PAC Display is not supported by Grafana.