PAC Display Export

I really appreciate the “Export Project” feature in PAC Display. I’m still transitioning from OptoDisplay to PAC Display so it’s a little new to me, but it’s a huge help. Two questions:

1. Is there a reason to use UTF-16 encoding on the text file? I’ve been using Git to track changes in Opto for a long time but Git sees UTF-16 as a binary file format. I can change the file, but I’m just wondering if there’s a specific reason for it.
  2. More importantly, I’m seeing some weird behavior from the export project function. In testing, I will export the project, make a change, and then re-export. When I do, sometimes my project loses dimensions and X/Y coordinates for a long list of controls. It doesn’t make any sense and I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or how to fix it…

On a separate note, a similar function for PAC Control would be very much appreciated. I know about the various print functions, but those are nowhere near as easy to use. There’s also no way to get the instructions from subroutines without doing the subroutines one by one (at least as far as I can tell).