PAC Control PRO Search Function no longer working

Has anyone seen an issue where the find function in PAC Control PRO fails to load? I can see that the find window has opened but it is blank and will not switch to it, like it has locked up. I have seen this before several times and it always been related to the project, where restoring to an earlier version of the project would resolve the issue however it is now happening on 2 of 3 PC’s and on the 2 PC’s that it happens on, it happens on every project I have tried.

Hi Stephen. Welcome to the Opto22 forums!

Sounds like something has migrated between the PC’s and the same issue is now no longer just linked to that one project.
Please reach out to our support team. They will issue you a ticket number and work with you to resolve the issue.
https://opto22.com/support

Beno,

Do you know what the resolution for this one was?

I am having the same issue.

Sadly no, a lot of people never come back to the forums to share the end result or if the help given here actually helped.

Ok, well will do. I contact tech support.

1 Like

Ok, here is the solution, it turns out this is the old off screen problem…and you have a post on it. But now the post is not needed, the developer did get the “Reset Dialog Positions” under /Tools in Pac Control.

Also, tech support has the following:
Solution for PAC Control dialogs that are off screen:
If you hold down the Ctrl key while opening a PAC Control dialog, the dialog will display in its default size and position (centered on the screen).

This tip is a general Windows tip:
When the dialog that is off the screen is selected (has the focus), do the following:
Alt + Spacebar (this brings up a dialog with Restore, Move, Resize, Minimize, Maximize, Close options)
Select “Move” (or type M)
Use the Down Arrow once (this will select the dialog so that it will follow your mouse)
Use your mouse (without clicking) to move the window into view
Use “Esc” (or click your mouse) to finish

5 Likes

What a great reply to this thread!
Thanks Barrett.
It takes a moment to type out, but is super helpful and searchable!

Maybe the guilt trip worked on Barrett! :rofl:

2 Likes

Yah, i don’t get back often enough.

This answer worked for me, thanks