Obtain a list of all tags using .net applications

Hi All,
Is there a way to obtain a list of tag names, and preferably types, using Controller SDK in a VB.NET Application ?

If you’re using SNAP-PAC-R series or SNAP-PAC-S series controllers with firmware version 9.5 or better, you can use a REST API endpoint to request, for example, a list of all the analog inputs. So you’d start with the data type, and get a list of all of those that are available on the PAC. Would that help? Which data types do you need?

I am using SNAP-PAC-R series but we have not upgraded to 9.5 yet, so I cannot use REST API. As far as data types goes, I will need both I/O points as well as other variables, Numeric and strings. Is there any alternative way of doing this without the REST API?

Thanks.

You can get this info via the mobile apps: aPAC and iPAC, but that won’t get it into your VB program.

I’d strongly recommend upgrading to 9.5 (you can do just the firmware on the SNAP-PAC-R w/out changing your software, if you want). We have a new upgrading tool that helps you keep your persistent values. Check out this post on OptoTagPreserve.