Numeric entry keypad in Groov View

I am going to apologize in advance if this topic exists already, but my basic searches for “numeric entry keypad” and the like are turning up only a couple of non-related topics.

I’m looking for a way to create a numeric value (integer and/or float) in Groov View that can be linked to a tag, much like a “Numeric entry” object used in FTView for Panelview applications. I’m assuming it doesn’t exist as I can’t seem to find any reference to such a tool. This seems rather odd as I use it ALL THE TIME (can’t emphasize enough) when creating data entry and set-point entry fields in my Panelview projects.

Thanks.

Craig

The Text Box gadget might be what you want.
(From the User Guide form 2027, chapter 4)
TEXT BOX GADGET
The Text Box gadget is a write-only field that your user can change to send numerical or string data. When the user clicks in the Text Box, a dialog box pops up for entering data. Data is sent when the OK button is clicked or tapped.

You could also use a Slider if it is appropriate.

To photographically illustrate @dengsberg reply, I threw a text gadget at my groov View home page and took a photo of it (sorry for the potato quality camera)…
Here is the text gadget:

Then when you click on the text entry field, you get a pop up numeric entry keypad:

Is this what you are looking for?

To be clear, that keypad will only pop up on the GRV-EPIC-PR1’s internal touchscreen or if you have a touchscreen HDMI monitor plugged in. On any other web browser you’ll just use your normal keyboard.

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies, that’s exactly what I was looking for. Understood on the delineation between normal computer screen and touch-pad, makes sense.

I am relieved to know this exists, perhaps it would be good to include an update in the next release of Form 2027 these details as it would assist when searching for this subject.

Regards,

Craig

1 Like