Node-RED Dashboard Keeps Losing Connection with RIO

Hello - I have configured a dashboard to control a curing oven. Using Edge or Chrome, I can easily connect to the RIO server, and the dashboard loads, running properly. After a minute or so, the dashboard freezes and any controls are non-functional. I try reloading the page, and it then times-out and can no longer connect to the server. I must be missing something pretty fundamental, as this is my first foray using Node-RED. Any ideas?

It does sound a bit odd.

Wifi or Ethernet?
Do you have a graph on your dashboard? If so, how many pens and over what time span?
How many pages in the dashboard?

Beno,
I tried both WiFi and Ethernet (X-over cable), same results. I do have a graph, 3 pens with a 6-hour time span. One page.

Back up the flow, delete the graph and give it a go.

1 Like

I’ll give it try. Thanks!

That did it. Deleted the graph and the connection is solid. Is my time span too long (6 hrs)? The flow seemed to work well when I had a 1-hour time span with one pen.

Yeah, in my experience the graphs in Node-RED are a bit touchy.
Hence when you said you have a 3 pen graph my caution flag goes up.
Try taking the time span out and test different number of points. As you bump up the points, the time will open up. I found that points are less heavy than time span. Keep the 3 pens, but yeah, test points rather than time.