I have need to “Lock Down” the strategy in PAC Control, so unauthorized users can’t make changes & download, but PAC Display still needs to be able to run on the same computer (not on a Network) and needs the .idb file, so I don’t think I can just delete the Strategy, right? This is an old machine, I think it’s Win 7. SNAP-PAC-R1 controller. All users currently login with one username/password, and it’s currently a Windows Admin account.
Anybody have their favorite way to do this?
Ideas we came up with:
- Some kind of Windows security on Strategy folder?
- Password protect PAC Control? (There are some 3rd party apps for this)
- Delete all files except .idb file (required by PAC display)? (Or just delete .inf file, then you can’t open strategy)
- Make folder and all files Read Only (prob won’t help though; they can still do Save As)
- Any way to password protect just the “download” button?
- Ask IT (but asking you guys first!)