Load URL Programmatically on Remote Browser

I know you could change status of light indicator base on status of a variable.
But is there a way to load a new URL Groov page programmatically?

Or using something like, string variable, and string value is URL.
But I guess browser will not interpret it as link.

Or maybe a navigation button, the points to variable URL that can be set programmatically.

We’ve had this come in as a feature request, but it hasn’t made it into a public release yet.

I was about to recommend this feature safety feature in my mind, that depending on alarm variable, link will point to a different URL page for set of instructions to follow.

1 Like

Hi,

Is this the same as having a Groov View gadget that can be programmed with a URL when selected? We also have a need. We were able to connect the Groov View to a DCIM system via REST API in order to provide a more flexible NOC type dashboard that we can readily edit and expand as we need. The next step now is to have the said Groov View Dashboard connect to certain URLs within the DCIM system to provide the next level details once icons or a gadget is selected in Groov View.

Do we have view on when this feature might come out for public use?

Thanks

Pons

@Eugene and @pons.tugonon1
Unless I am missunderstanding your use, this feature has been added in groov View for some time now (over 2 years at a guess).
Sorry I did not remember to dig up this old past at the time it was released.

You are seem to be describing the Auto Navigator Gadget You can find more about it on page 103 of the groov View users guide.

@pons.tugonon1 You might be asking about the Page Navigator Button which has been able to link to pages or URLs. Its on page 102.

3 Likes