iOS 14 and the Opto 22 Mobile Apps

TL;DR: groov View for iOS and iPAC will work on iPhones running iOS 14, but not iPads running iPadOS 14. We recommend that if you rely on those applications, you hold off on upgrading when iOS 14 is released today, Wednesday September 16, 2020.

The Opto 22 Mobile Apps have never been updated to support iPad multitasking, and in the recent iOS 14 betas they started crashing on launch on iPads. I thought we’d have more lead time between Apple announcing a GM release for iOS 14 and general public availability, but they only gave us about 14 hours, and that wasn’t enough time to retrofit multitasking support in there. I’m working on it, but it’ll probably be late this week / early next week before groov View for iOS is ready, and I’m not sure on the timeline for iPAC.

1 Like

9 months later, I see that both groov View apps (Mobile + iPad) available on the apple app store are still at Version 3.01 with a build date 24th April 2018. Have these been updated since the above post but without the revision level being changed or are they still on someones “to-do” list?.

As for the iPAC app, the latest version available form the apple app store still shows Version 2.01 last updated in 2019. Is it even on a timeline to be updated as it does have the habit of crashing continuously without any clue as to why. The app also fails to recognise analog I/O on a groov chasis, so really needs some love and attention if Opto22 intend for it to be used with epic.

1 Like