Integrating Opto 22 snmp-based products with Network Monitoring Tools. - old form pos

cgmanalo

Joined on 04-06-2004
Posts 1
Integrating Opto 22 snmp-based products with Network Monitoring Tools

Currently, I’m working with network monitoring tools such as BMC Patrol Express and WhatsUp to track traditional network devices via SNMP. Would it be possible for Opto22 products like SNAP Ethernet I/O and SNAP Ultimate I/O which has SNMP support to integrate with these network monitoring tools?
04-08-2004, 1:50 PM
Mr. Bill

Joined on 09-23-2003
Posts 18
Re: Integrating Opto 22 snmp-based products with Network Monitoring Tools

Hi, Both Ethernet I/O (EIO) and Ultimate I/O (UIO) have built-in SNMP servers. Our Web site has the associated MIB file available for download at this link: http://www.opto22.com/site/downloads/dl_downloads.aspx?cid=13
The EIO and UIO documentation discuss what is necessary to configure the SNMP server to be able to communicate with your management software. This configuration can be done using ioManager which is also available for download. In addition, once you have the basic SNMP configuration done and stored to flash on the EIO/UIO, you will want to configure appropriate Event Messages in order to generate SNMP traps based on the events you want.