I have couple of a normally close solenoid, that is connected directly to SNAP-OAC5 module

Hi all,

I have couple of a normally close solenoid, that is connected directly to SNAP-OAC5 module. one of those solenoids is constantly getting 120 VAC when it’s off and 120 VAC when they are on, I tested the other ones, and they are getting 0 VAC when they are OFF and get 120 VAC when they are on.
I replaced the module and put a new one on and same problem resisted, where I’m getting 120 either it’s off or on.
Any idea what could cause this problem?

To rule out the channel, if it is possible to move one of the working solenoids to the channel you are troubleshooting that would help narrow things down. If the problem happens on the known good solenoid, then I would suspect a problem with the IO brain or the back board. You could move the module to another slot if that is the case.

I have tried doing that, and still having the same problem, the first two channels are working perfectly in that module but the third channel is what is having the issues and even with a brand new module. so I’m not sure if it’s the bored or something else

Have you tried with the module in a different slot on the board?

Have you measured the resistance of all 4 solenoids?
If some are open cct, it would have 120 across it and never switch.

1 Like