How to setup Stride I/O Modbus Device with groov View

HI,

I am trying to connect from Groov View to a Modbus device without luck. I’ve test the port and IP in Groov Manage, and it’s open. But I can’t get the configuration of the tags right. I am using a stride IO module card for testing.

Is there any documentation that i can check?

thanks

I did a Google search on that and am not sure which one are you meaning.
Can you link to a manual so a few of us here can try and figure out what magic combinations of check boxes and off by one and MSB byte order Modbus will need to talk to it… Thanks…

Hi Beno,

Off course and thanks. This one has been a bit difficult for me, I’ve been able to do Modbus with Opto before. But i can’t seem to get this running.

Can you also provide screenshots of your “Edit Modbus Device” screen in groov build (Configure, Devices and Tags…, select the modbus device and Edit Device button).

A screenshot of what you have attempted in Configure Tags for that device would be helpful as well.

Hi,

Sure, thid is what i have so far.

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 4.08.02 PM

Device config looks okay to me.

The tag address is probably just 42 though (should show up as 400042 in groov view).

Whenever you see a modbus register with 400XX in the front, it usually just means it is a holding register and you drop the 4 part of it. This is the older style of representing addressing that was eliminated back in like 2006, but some companies are stuck in their ways…

Thanks, ill try it out.

Thanks for the help, i see to have a connection, but i am still not able to read the values as the device has. Maybe i am missing something, attached is the configuration on them.

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 9.55.11 AM
Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 9.55.20 AM

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 9.55.49 AM

Whats groov showing? Yellow triangle? 0.0? or something else?

No, alarm at all. its reading 0.0.

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 10.24.49 AM

These registers are signed integers in uA:

Set your tags like this:

3 Likes

Thanks! that did the job! thank you so much!

1 Like