Groov negative number formatting

If the format contains formatting before the # sign, when the value is negative the sign is place before the formatting. So a format of “ABC ##” is rendered as “-ABC 12”

Also, when a float value is formatted as #.# and the float has a value such as -0.04, groov displays this as -0.0. Who wants to explain what minus zero is to a system operator?

If the format contains formatting before the # sign, when the value is negative the sign is place before the formatting. So a format of “ABC ##” is rendered as “-ABC 12”

What gadget are you using here? If it’s a Value gadget: we didn’t really expect people to stick text in there before the values, I guess. Text Area gadgets will render that correctly.

Also, when a float value is formatted as #.# and the float has a value such as -0.04, groov displays this as -0.0. Who wants to explain what minus zero is to a system operator?

Bother. I’ll see what I can do about that.

Yes, a value gadget.

I guess I do strange things…

Lets just be careful not to get too aggressive about loosing the - sign. My customers have lots of values that are negative. So to them -.04 is a negative number even if they aren’t using hundredths, We are also having a real issue with the mobile groov view not refreshing values if the page times out. We have a ticket open on this but it can cause a safety issue if operators think they are seeing current values and they are not. In this case the yellow triangles and the refresh option (now removed) were a good thing.

To be clear I do agree with philip too. I wish we could set the precision of floats coming in before they are applied to gadgets. That would help with this issue. It would also solve the problem where when setting up event text or email alarms that the float string is so long it uses up too many characters, especially if you include a couple of analog points in the message.