Float Var. not persistent?

Has anybody else noticed float variables are not persistent even when setup as such? My int. variables survive reboots/power outages and strategy updates, but my float variables never do on my EPIC processors. Is this a bug or am I setting something up wrong?

I haven’t seen this issue. I am using control engine 10.3b and PAC Control 10.3

I am running a test right now. Let’s see what happens. I simply created a persistent INT and a persistent FLOAT, gave them a value and reset my controller…

Worked fine. FLOAT and INT both maintained their values. What firmware and software versions are you running?

Firmware 2.0.1-b.84
PAC Control 10.3a
I am using background downloading. Do you think that makes a difference?

Looks like something that was fixed a while ago - Opto22 - KB85038

But I just tested it on my end, and you’re right, the FLOAT variable loses its value (back to 0) and the INT maintained. Looks like you may have found a bug. I will alert the developers.

1 Like

They must have missed the EPIC controller (It’s not listed).

That was a bug on SNAP PAC products (before EPIC was born).

Bug ticket submitted.
Thanks guys.

1 Like

Any one having float variables with a mind of their own? I know this was some time ago, not exactly same issue but very similar.
I have a float variable with a pre set value at start up (pac control) of 5.0 and is not persistent, start up no issues, then during operation the float will change to “0” without explanation and at random time, there is no access to operator from HMI to modify this float neither the controller has restarted. Epic PR1 2.0.2-b.139.

I have not heard of this added value feature…
The usual questions (sorry, but I gotta ask). Have you done a search in PAC Control for that var name? You would not be the first guy to opps and use it in another chart.
Do you use Node-RED?
Is the variable got its Make Public option ticked?
Are you using groov View? If so, so you have localhost as a device? If so, could it be used in a data store?

Hi, the first thing I thought was a mistake from me and I blamed on me, but it hapenned again and I am 100% I haven’t touch it or another chart calls it…PAC Control is calling it only once as a setpoint, neither pac display is changing it as a reaction to an alarm or something else. I do not use nodered in this specific project.
The make public is not ticked, not using groov view much yet on this specific project, migrating step by step and what is used for is just to monitor unrelated values, system is local host and is added to the list of devices.
I noticed this happening some time ago, I have searched a lot, I even set an alert if the value change. I’ll keep you posted.