Epic PR-1 (no I/O) with Snap EB1 remotes comm loss

I have a small development system with 1 PR-1 (no I/O) and 3 EB1 I/O racks. All device ethernet connections are home runs to the network switch. In testing, if I disconnect one rack comm is lost to all racks and PR-1.

Re-connection starts all comm.

Have I missed something in the PR-1 configuration?

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Sheldon

Hi Sheldon, welcome to the forums.

Are you using PAC Control, Codesys, Node-RED or something like Python?
Just wondering where you are seeing the communications status of all the EBs.

Hi Beno,

I am using PacControl 10.4 and viewing the I/O units in debug. Our Ignition front end gets no comm from the Epic.

The PR1 is just like a SNAP controller, so there is nothing ‘special’ or different that needs to be done in PAC Control.
Each EB has a unique fixed IP address, the PR1 can have a fixed or DHCP IP address.
Each EB is configured in PAC Control with their IP address and whatever I/O modules are required.
Sounds like each EB is then wired back to a switch and the EB is also connected to that switch?
I wonder if you are using both Ethernet ports on the EB or if you are using Wifi or VPN? (Just wondering if there might be more than 1 gateway or subnet at play here).

What firmware version is the PR1 running?

Each EB has a static IP address and so does the PR1. All devices have only one ethernet port connected and an independent run to the network switch. No wifi, no VPN in a closed cell control network.

The PR-1 is at firmware 3.2.0-b.44 and the EBs are at 10.4c.

Just fyi - There is a redundant Snap S1 controller pair running on the same network, accessing different racks, all static IPs. Using a similar test only the rack that is disconnected goes offline and restarts when prompted to by the strategy.

Thank-you.

Sounds like an Opto22 support issue.
Please reach out to them and they will work with you get up and running.
https://www.opto22.com/support

Thanks for your time Ben.