Disaster Recovery How-To

I’ve been playing with EPIC for a long time.
But still have not grasp clearly how to recover from a disater:

Just wanted to see your experiences.

It is still not clear to me, if I need to clone current setup to a new device, what backup do I need to have?

Also,
If I make a epic backup. and restore this to a EPIC with higher firmware version, is this ok?

If I restore it on an epic with same firmware, is it a retore and forget step. or restore and reconfigure other things like PID, firewalls. Do I need to initialize PAC Control on the controller by doing a Debug.

Lastly, If I lost my PAC Control Source Code. Can I download it from EPIC?

Thank you.

Hi Eugene,

To create the clone of your groov EPIC you will need to perform a full backup in groov Manage.

Restoring the backup to an EPIC with a higher firmware version is ok. The same as when you have to back up and restore as part of the firmware update process. Your PID, firewall and other configurations will be transferred if you selected them during the backup process,

As noted in groov Manage:

The following are not backed up:

groov View trend data

PAC Controller

CODESYS

Ignition Edge

These can be backed up in other ways.

You will need to create separate backups for these programs using the recommended steps for each program.

As part of the best practices in developing your PAC Control program you should maintain current backups and archives.

For reference, check out the EPIC firmware update checklist available here: https://documents.opto22.com/2327_Tech_Note_groov_EPIC_Update_Checklist.pdf