Cyrano XID conversion

Hello all, been working on converting the 2000+ xid’s we have in our FF strategies over to OptoScript to help facilitate the transition to PacPro. Have a couple of commands where I am not certain how they function. They are ‘MOVE TO FLOAT FIFO TABLE’ and ‘MOVE TO INTEGER FIFO TABLE’. I assume they shift the table down, add the new value at the top and return the trash at the bottom. But I dont want to assume that. They could be shifting up, adding to the bottom and returning the overflow from the top… Tried looking up some Cyrano manuals but didnt have much luck… Can anyone shed some light on the inner workings of these funcitons?

MOVE TO FLOAT FIFO TABLE:, 0, 11, TPUSH, TPUSH, 3, 0, 2,
f00103f3, 7, 0, 1b, 1, Input Value,
0, 0, 0, 200, 0, Table,
f0010000, 6, 0, 18, 4, Put Output in;

MOVE TO INTEGER FIFO TABLE:, 0, 11, TPUSH, TPUSH, 3, 0, 2,
f00103f3, 7, 0, 1b, 3, Input Value,
0, 0, 0, 100, 0, Table,
0, 0, 0, 8, 5, Put Output In;

Hi chrismec,

Sounds like you’re using some old, converted-from-Cyrano commands (which pre-dated XID files): most of the OptoControl XIDs were based on those old commands.

In any case, there is a bit of documentation on the BBS (at bbs.opto22.com, search for MISTICA.ZIP). The .doc file in there has this note:

MOVE TO FLOAT FIFO TABLE:[INDENT]             Moves all table elements down by 1 towards the end.  The end
        value is moved to the Output variable.  Moves the input numeric
        value to element 0.  Useful as a FIFO or to shift table values
        or to "Push items on the stack" where the table is the stack.

[/INDENT]MOVE TO INTEGER FIFO TABLE:[INDENT] Same as above[/INDENT]
However, the best thing to do would be to run some tests and find out for sure what the commands in question actually do and how they work, just to be sure. Is that possible?

Hope that helps!
-OptoMary

Oh awesome! Thanks OptoMary! I did not have any of that documentation, only had the lib file. I do need to wire up a test bed and see what is actually going on though. I was thinking that I should do that while writing the post but sadly laziness won…

Thanks for the link! I didnt know bbs.opto22.com even existed : )