CANbus Handshake?

Currently, using one CANbus module, we are trying to do a handshake to a system control unit. Only way we can see to do this with your design is to run a loop where we:
turn off canbus reception,
turn on transmission,
transmit step one of the handshake,
turn off transmission,
turn on reception,
wait for ack,
if no ack, rerun loop.

We are doing monitoring of the CANbus for diagnostic reasons all the time, so when we turn off the reciever, we lose messages.
Is there a better way to do this? are we stuck with this due to comm protocol? Do we need to run 2 canbus modules, one just for transmitting? and on that note, why dont you guys have 2 transievers on that CAN2b module? there sure is room for it.

Looking for some help on CAN2B module
I Cannot Get connection, I have a can simulator but nothing is being read in
Any Help is more than i have now

I worked on creating a CAN Analyzer back in 2015. I can’t even remember the state I left it in, but it did work at one time. I have attached an archive zip file, which loads into PAC Control 10.2 successfully. No guarantees on this strategy - it was too long ago. My purpose was to try out the subroutines and also create an analyzer that worked with PAC Display as the user interface (also attached). If I recall, I had trouble with it dropping messages when I switched to transmit.
Maybe this will help.
CanAnalyzer.Archive.D09172015.T165036.zip (42.2 KB)
CanAnalyzer.UUI_Archive_2015-09-17_16-51-56.zip (14.6 KB)

I will take a look much appreciated

Excellent tool! Easy to understand also, I am receiving information, the problem with the can receive tool kit is the mask that is hard coded ,

I appreciate the help and now have to parse the data but it’s easy compared to scratching my head wondering why I do not see anything