pH Control Question

A few posts back he said that he was using Node-RED to some other stuff, so I thought it would fit better with his existing flow…

What ever way works best @aallen

If you are not going to use it as part of a ‘control flow’, I would not do it the way you have the screenshot here in this post, but rather use the screenshot @philip pointed out.

That ‘polling’ timestamp inject method is not the best.

Just tested and it freezes the output at whatever it currently is at.
I’m thinking a good solution would be to trigger Auto/Manual as @philip said,
but also have a Node-Red flow that sets the output to 0 triggered by the button being pushed.

That is what it is supposed to do. If you want the output to go to zero, then you will need to do that in your logic.

Which PID algorithm did you end up using?

Went with the ISA, however I didn’t test the other algorithms to see if they function better.

At least with the current process anyway, could not work as well after new stuff gets put in.

With ISA, assigning the output immediately after setting the mode to manual probably will not work from experience.
You can use the same tuning parameters with velocity and you can write to the output whenever you want and it will stick. If you do this, remember to remove any feed forward settings since they will drive your output to saturation on velocity.