Fastest data rate to Ignition

Scan Class == Tag Group

Inductive changed the name between v7.9 and v8.0 so you may see them called either one.

Yes, I’ve used Mosquitto and VerneMQ.

That is good to know - the default is subsribed on the tag groups/scan classes so this would need to specifically be changed.

MQTT Engine is what you need for Ignition to subscribe to an MQTT broker - and the published price is 2k currently.

1 Like

Beno, actually there is one existing well 1 site with Pac R1 and rack. Then there is the new well 2 site (and more sites in the future) that currently has an Epic with rack. The reason I added an Epic on CHS0 at the existing site, was because of all this confusion. I figured that if the Pac driver wasn’t working with tag groups… I would not be happy with that, but then Opto released the OPCUA server. That solved the scan problem for the new well site, but not the existing site with Snap. Yes, I could have used the Epic to scan the Remote rack at well 1, but in my book that is a messy way to do it, plus if that comm gets messed up, then everything is down. Therefore I decided that if the cirrus driver was an option, and being Opto added the OPCUA to Epic, the cleanest solution to me looked like another Epic and use R1 as a brain…Dave convinced me to use MQTT, but when I looked at the unfunded price of 2k, I figured, not going there…
Keep in mind I talked to the guy at Cirrus Link who claimed to be involved in that driver, and he said they did not make a full fledged driver using tag groups. Therefore, it’s not like I was taking rumors verbatim…
Even Brian is under the impression that connecting to Ignition with MQTT is $300 or so, cheap by most standards, but apparently that is not the case.
Don’t get me wrong, 2k on a project that might be at around 50k for software and a couple of epics only is not an issue, but on smaller projects, the cost of Ignition alone + 2k for this and 2k for that, it tends to blow it out of the water.