Reading Controller information groove epic

Hi,

Is it possible to read system status information like temperature cpu load etc…? We would like to create a device monitoring view in a scada system.

I’ve found the forum: “Flow to get CPU die temperature from EPIC PR1” so i can retrieve the CPU temperature using node-red ( cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp ), however I can’t find the location of other data.

Welcome to the Opto22 forums!

This is the post you are looking for here.
You will be able to tweak it to just get the information that you are looking for.

I downloaded this today to take a look. For retrieving the firmware version, I noticed that this flow makes a call to /manage/api/v1/system/versions, but that endpoint isn’t documented in the API Reference. Am I missing something? The request works and returns the firmware version, but I’m wondering if there’s some reason that endpoint isn’t documented.

Also, some of the requests to MMP addresses seem to work fine (0xF030014C for the serial number, for example), but other’s don’t. I know I’ve seen a guide in the past listing the contents of various MMP addresses, but I can’t remember where that guide is. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

This is the guide you seek:

https://www.opto22.com/support/resources-tools/documents/1465-optommp-protocol-guide

1 Like