What future features would you like to see in groov View?

Add the ability for a gadget to display/read the bit state from one tag(PAC Control Variables) that like the Discrete Attributes of the PAC Display.

A way to automate create variables in groov Store, (by importing from text file I guess).

Similarly, copy variables or entire data stores.

Tables would be awesome.

Hi, it’s probably a small thing, but I haven’t been able to find a symbol for a typical wye strainer to be used in the graphics. Is this something that could be added?

Yes, put a post with an example photo of what you are looking for in this other thread and it can be added to the SVG library.

Thanks! This is a quick hand drawing of what I’m talking about. Slightly more detail than that of a P&ID schematic symbol.

Hi Chris,
I added a Wye strainer to the SVG Image Library under the “Flow Images” category. I’ll add a basket strainer next week.
jg

Font Color on percent % formated value.

I know updated groov View now support font color.
But this feature cannot be applied on % formatted value.

We all know that, color base on percentage is crucial.

I hope this can be update easily.
On my dashboard, while other values easily changes color. It is weird that percentage value does not.

Thanks.

Font Color on percent % formated value.

I know updated groov View now support font color.
But this feature cannot be applied on % formatted value.

Ooh, that one’s a bug, it should have worked. The values you use would need to be pre-scaled (e.g. in the 0.0 to 1.0 range, instead of 0 to 100), but the input isn’t allowing decimal values.

4.2b just went out, unfortunately, but I’ll get it squashed for the 4.2c release.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, I found both strainers in the library!

1 Like

Is it possible to create an alarming image? I know that sounds bad, but literally, like a flashing alarm light? This would be great for noting a trouble condition in a system.

Please start a new thread for these requests… What you are looking for is in the gif library…
https://www.opto22.com/support/resources-tools/demos/animated-gif-graphics

1 Like

Apologies, I will. Thanks for the link!

The value of Value gadget able to displayed as center-justified…

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Can we have the ability to load a GROOV page on startup without having to “LOG IN”. Even if the PR1 only does it once there is a screen attached via HDMI. Give us a tickbox on the page setup for it not to require log in. My clients are driving me crazy

1 Like

We hear you and the devs are working on it. (Its not trivial).

2 Likes

I would like the ability to collapse ‘Categories’ in the page view. (Didn’t the original groov view have this feature?)

1 Like

ability to embed iframe… Please Please Please.

2 Likes

Yes, this will be a big issue one we finish our development on our new system using Epic & Groov. The ability to not have to have the customer to have to ‘log in’. Does the ‘kiosk’ mode do this?