PAC Display email configuration

I just set up PAC Display to email alarm states. I got the following error:

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

Is this just referring to an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird? If so, does it not just send an email in the background but rather it pops up an Outlook or Thunderbird new email window that requires the user sitting at the computer running PAC Display to hit “Send Email”?

If my thinking is totally wrong, please let me know how to set up an email program on the PAC Display PC so that it will work. Thanks.

Gudday Shoekell,

The email client is needed to ensure the Windows PC gets all the right certificates etc installed in the right places.

If you take a look at the PAC Display users guide (doc 1702. From within PAC Display, click Help->Manual), page 277 onwards deals with emails.
Step 7 on page 279 shows how to set up PAC Display to send the email in the background, with no user intervention, or to allow the user to edit the email before its sent.

In other words, depending on your email client, it will either just work, or you will need to tweak the email client settings to automatically send the email.

Ben.