Pac Display data update

hi everyone

I have a problem with Pac display. I charge a test strategy with a variable called test, which I want to visualize in pac display. I add the field for visualization and configure the Tag; The problem is that when I run the PacDisplayRuntime the data is not updated and only updated if I select to open the same window again, I do not remember having changed any configuration, I would appreciate your help to solve this problem.

Display 2
PrtScr capture

What version of PAC Display do you have? Your symptom sounds a bit like this issue:
http://www.opto22.com/site/knowledgebase/kb_view_article.aspx?aid=3174

I currently have version 9.6g installed.

It should be added that there is another computer with this same version and does not present the problem, so I ask if there is any configuration in the software that performs the update of the data according to the time programmed (1, 2, 5 … seconds). the writing function works correctly.

This is likely something that’s been fixed in a Beta version, please email support@opto22.com for info and instructions on obtaining that Beta.

I just wanted to chime in to say that I’m also seeing this issue. Any / all of my ‘Text in from control engine’ graphics seem to only update once I open a different window and then return to the original window…

1 Like

Hi, managed to solve it?

Hi,

Any solution on this?
I’m facing exactly the same issue as you.

Running version R9.6g on windows 10 pro.

did you solve them?
This is solved with a pac Display update, adding the files to the installation folder and you’re done.

I’m sorry for responding very late.

I solved it by upgrading to PAC version 10…

Can you share me the file which need to be added to the installation folder?

thanks
Chen

These are patch files. They are on the ftp site. ftp://ftp.opto22.com/Public_Folders_(Unsecured)/Archives_(Software_and_Firmware)/Software_Archives/PAC_Project/PAC_Display_Patches/
If you are using version 10 be sure to download the files for that version of Pac Display. Typically they are beta files. The link above is for version 10.1 of PAC Display. I have been asking for years that they put a little readme file in the folder giving a general description of what was addressed in that update so we can decide to load them or not. It would be nice to know what they are working on. It would help us know if we need to open more tickets or not.

2 Likes

Amen. :+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Me too. I am using version R10.3d with win 7 64. . I have text input boxes and the changes only take effect when I leave the window and come back. I have the windows as always open.
If I reboot the computer and just open the runtime, it worked correct. Seems intermittent.

In Windows, try the following (this is for Win10, see edit for Win7):

Windows Security
App & Browser Control
Exploit Protection Settings
Program Settings
Add an exception for program name DisplayR.pro.exe (and/or DisplayR.basic.exe)
Set overide to off on “Randomize memory allocation (Bottom-up ASLR)”

Edit: Missed that you are using Window 7 (time to upgrade??), so you actually just need to add DisplayR.pro.exe or DisplayR.basic.exe to the Data Execution Prevention exception list (it is is in Control panel, advanced system settings, advanced tab, settings button, Data Execution Prevention tab) Recommendations to prevent Configurator crashes? - #9 by philip

You may be aware of this already, but Win7 is no longer supported by MS (as in no security updates) or Opto22.

Hi. I tried adding DisplayRpro.exe to the list and it told me that this program must run with DEP enabled… We are trying to use win 10 for all of our OPTO upgrades. The computers that are on some systems now are win 95 and win 98, so win 7, although unsupported is still a step up. LOL. I have been waiting on a win 10 machine for 2.5 months now. Hopefully IT will get it to me soon. Can’t just go to Best Buy. Thank you again.