Extended Trends Not Loading

I’ve got 9 pages with 3 extended trends each that were set to poll for 1 year at every 15 secs. (this has been changed to 1 min from 15 secs). The first page loads up eventually, but the other pages have not loaded after over 10 minutes.

Whats going on here?

Hmm… I’m assuming just refreshing doesn’t help, or switching pages. Can you see anything interesting in your groov Logs?

Refreshing or Switching doesnt help. I’m sorry could you refresh my memory where the logs are located again?

Having looked I can find nothing. It’s been about 30 Minutes now.

Dang.

So the general state machine behind displaying those trends starts up in a “Get initial data from the server state”, and while it’s in that state it just displays the “Loading…” bit. Once it gets data back it renders the chart. If it’s stuck at “Loading…”, that means the server isn’t returning any data to render.

As far as why there’s no data to render, I’m not sure. We had a bug early on where it could take a long time for the first point for the data set with the longest interval we’re storing to show up, and that led to being stuck at Loading…, but I’m pretty sure we squashed that before release, and besides that, we don’t try and load that interval at page load time anyway.

The logs are under groov Build. Help-> Logs.

2017-09-22, 02:43:33 GMT-05:00 ERROR com.opto22.groov.server.servlets.ApiServlet - An exception occurred while handling /api/v0/data-logging/fetch-interactive
2017-09-22, 02:43:33 GMT-05:00 ERROR com.opto22.groov.server.servlets.ApiServlet - An exception occurred while handling /api/v0/data-logging/fetch-interactive

This occurred last time I tried opening the extended trending in the log files.

Darn, nothing else logged with that? It’s meant to actually log the exception that fired off.

Would you mind contacting PSG on this so we can go through the proper channels and open up a support ticket? I’d like to get you a build with some extra logging enabled if I can.

PSG? Who is that?

I would love to get some extra attention. Let me know whatever I need to do. That other Trending page you all provided it looked fine.

PSG = Product Support Group.
It is Opto’s way of getting solid help for our customers, and best of all, its free.
Email them, support@opto22 and outline your issue and provide version numbers for your OS and software.
They will respond with a ticket number, this is the way we, and you, can track the issue through its life cycle.
As a an Opto customer for 18 years, I can vouch for how hard the support group work to get you up and sorted.

Ah. I didnt understand the acronym. I have contacted them. I hope to hear from them soon.