Cannot get I/O reference count to zero

I’m transferring a control strategy from SNAP to EPIC. I am going from Control Pro 9.6 to 10.2. I added an EPIC I/O system, made new I/O points, and then replaced them from the SNAP to the EPIC. All is good EXCEPT…two points.

Here’s the problem…I can’t get two I/O points to go to a reference count of zero. If you do a search for them…they don’t exist. They are not found anywhere in the program and cannot be deleted from the I/O configuration of the SNAP. I cannot remove the SNAP I/O system from the program because of these two weird points. I’ve tried to search the forum here, but haven’t seen anything yet. Maybe I need to narrow my forum search?

Any ideas?
Bill in Idaho

Have you tried CTRL-R (Tools | Regenerate Reference Counts)?

Worked!! Thanks Philip! Just brain dead this morning I guess. LOL

I’m having the same issue, except I’ve tried Ctrl+R a million times, and it’s still not resetting Reference Count. I’m mainly having the issue on a bunch of points that got Imported with a Chart (so they have the “_IMP0” after them, because they weren’t matched to the strategy).

It looks like a bug to me, but does anyone have insight into this? Do I just need to upgrade PAC Control? I’m currently on PAC Control v10.4c.

Quick update: Just tried deleting ALL the Charts (and all blocks but Block 0 from Powerup) and I’m still getting Reference Count > 0 for all those points. Ack!

This happened to someone the other day and they had a reference to the IO points in PIDs and those are not found in the search. Maybe check there?

2 Likes

OH!!! Duh. Thanks @Phillip! Totally forgot about PIDs. Yup, that did it!

#dontpanic

The thanks goes to @jloewen, as he had the same issue and found it was the PIDs.

1 Like

Awesome! And thanks to you @jloewen

I had searched the Knowledgebase and Forum for “Reference Counts” and didn’t find that thread. So, also, thanks to you @philip for pointing me in the right direction! Who needs AI…

You thought I was a real person?

1 Like