Zoom levels on interactive trends

This is mostly a feature request, but I’m new to working with groov, so I may have missed some things.

I am displaying power usage for several different devices / electrical panels. I would like to display these on separate trend graphs, not just multiple pens on one graph. Would it be possible to somehow group these trends together so they will all synchronize the zoom level?

Is there a way to set a default trend zoom level? - I seem to be getting about 8 minutes on the trends I setup when the page is loaded (7 day trend period with 5 second intervals) and they won’t update or display a line across the entire chart until I click one of the zoom levels.

Can we have custom zoom level options? I’m getting 12h 4h and All with these guys.

Can the trends remember their zoom level when leaving the page and coming back to it?

Thanks.

All feature requests are noted.

But, in the mean time, I could help but notice you mention 7 day. Since you are looking to plot a week, I would for SURE use the Classic rather than the Interactive trend gadget.
They do not have any of the issues you mention.
Visually group them with a Group Header gadget in the background and you should be very pleased with the results.
(Note you can still programmatically get the trend pen data from the Classic, just like the Interactive, so in your case there is no downside, only positives).

Thanks Ben, I’ll give that a shot.

old dog, old tricks…

back to my 7 day interactive trends on scales that run 24/7. My trend is setup for 1 week to scan every second.

After updating my groov view screens I noticed no pens writing to the interactive trend. I have 4 pens on one trend. However when I use classic it works, but I cannot use the slow read times. I need the 1 second read times as spikes or drops in the weighing process are very important.

Any suggestions? Run classic for visual and then interactive for CSV?

Since you are using Node-RED, cant you do the 1 second logging for a week in Node-RED?
Trying to use a long graph with a fast update just to do logging is a bit backwards?

1 Like

Thinking about this more, don’t do either.
For sure do your logging in PAC Control and write the CSV to the EPIC hard drive, then after a week email it with either PAC Control or Node-RED and then either over write the file, or delete it and start again.

Use the right tool for the right job.

Dave has some sample code here to get you started.

2 Likes

Are you using automatic limits on the trends, or fixed ones? What’s the typical minimum/maximum weights you’re trending?

Yes using automatic

4 scales with very different ranges
Min is -50
Max is 20 000

@Beno - you’re right. My old school way of thinking had me heading in a direction the brain is very used to with PAC display. We have used the trending in display for this for decades. So, thanks for the info and direction bump as always.

Have you tried using manual limits on the trend? Are all 4 points that you’re trending using the same ranges? Or have you tried breaking these up into single point trends to see if they’ll plot correctly that way?

Thanks for the tip. They 4 pens have very different ranges which does make sense as to why it’s not plotting correctly. I will try as suggested.

I if you don’t care about the actual numbers on the graph, just the visual relationship of the 4 or the visual aspect of any one pen, then check this post thread out.
I still use it to this day to put 4 totally different range pens on the one graph and it works great.

1 Like

I really need to pay more attention and learn the datastore functions. It seems ultra powerful. Thanks again.

Just in case there is a miss-communication on my behalf… the thread I linked to is about the computed tags function, not the datastore.

The computed tags allow you to do JavaScript type functions on groov View tags, the data store is how you move data RESTfully into groov View.

2 Likes