Severe Recipe Download Error

Hello,

I’m getting a severe error when I download a recipe at Display run time.

I have two recipes that download to SoftPAC when I run my PAC Display project. The second recipe fails and gives me the error:

“Server: =>Failed to add group
Recipe_Download_Group_0001 to OPC Server Reason: 0xc00400c”

When I receive this error my entire computer freezes and locks up as PAC Display Runtime has crashed. It takes about 5 -10 minutes to close the process and start over. It’s brutal.

The only thing I know is that there is nothing wrong with my recipe files because they are both validated. I’ve gone over them multiple times. What’s very weird is that as long as I only download one recipe at runtime, everything works fine but if I do two recipes then it crashes with said error. I’ve tested multiple variations of recipes for my second recipe and they all fail with this error so it must have something to do with the fact that I am downloading two recipes at runtime.

All file paths are correct for the recipe and my triggers are that the State of my main Chart is > 0.

Please help me with this. I’m losing development time both trying to figure this out and when it crashes my system.

Hello Nathan,

Although I’d be curious to see if anyone else out in OptoLand may have run into anything similar, I’ve forwarded your problem description to PSG since they’re best suited to track down the problem/solution.

I know we have a new version of PAC Project about to be released any day now (which includes some PAC Display fixes–hoping the latest version will address whatever you’re running into here).

-OptoMary

Thank you Mary, I will be waiting patiently.

Opto22 Support provided the solution:

You can download the current beta (B9.3c) from our FTP site at ftp.opto22.com. Here is the path to the file:

/Public/Public_Folders_(Unsecured)/Archives_(Software_and_Firmware)/Software_Archives/PAC_Project_Software_Installation_Archives/PAC_Project_Installs/PAC_Display_Patches/

After you download the zip file, extract it and there should be three *.pro files. Take these new files and replace the old ones with them. The old files are in the PAC Project directory (at least they were for me).

Thanks!