Reset controller time from PAC Display - Old forum post

ebahr

Joined on 06-24-2008
Posts 10
Reset controller in PAC Display

I was wondering if it is possible to reset the SNAP-PAC-S1 inside PAC Display. I understand this might cause some problems with PAC Display because the communications would be reset, but couldn’t just reset and resume communications?

If this can not be done, is it possible to reset the time axis for a Basic Trend?

10-02-2008, 10:25 AM

ben orchard

Joined on 12-08-2004
Posts 33
Re: Reset controller in PAC Display

I wonder what you are trying to achieve here?
You can reset the controller only from the strategy, so you could link a variable from PAC Display and have the strategy scan that variable, and when it becomes true, it could execute the commands required to restart the controller from power up.

The time axis for the trends comes from the PC time, not the controller time, so changing the time axis could be done with a PC application.

Could you share a little more information as to what your end goal is, we might have some ideas to help out.
10-20-2008, 10:59 AM
ebahr

Joined on 06-24-2008
Posts 10

I guess I did not realize that the time came directly from the computer time. My goal was to have the trend start at time zero whenever I start a new test. The trend I have going right now is Depth Vs. Time. Any ideas?
03-18-2009, 6:19 PM
Fernando

Joined on 10-10-2008
Posts 14

Create a variable for time in your strategy and use an x-y plot.