Raspberry Pi Rotating Groov Pages

My hope is to set up multiple displays rotating through different Groov pages on the shop floor. I have setup a Raspberry Pi with FullPageOS and using FullPageDashboard I am very close to what I want. I am struggling to get a true full screen display as the FullPageDashBoard and Groov display title/tool bars at the top.

On a display connected to a PC I can run Chrome with Revolver and go full screen, pretty much what I want (bonus points if I could get rid of the Groov bar on the top).

Anyone had success with something like this?

Cant comment on the FullPageDashboard (but want to look it up), but can confirm that you can not remove the groov title bar. Have you changed the ‘groov’ image for one of your own? A bit of branding might soften the title bar? Just a thought.

We, as in the IT department with little to no help from me, have managed to get a Pi booting to browser, loading tabs and revolving.

Matching the title bar and page background color does help, but still eats up some real estate on the screen :slight_smile:

One “feature request” would be to let the color coding on LED, tachs, etc allow decimals. For instance, we have a tag for average cycle time in seconds and can only set a led light to come on between whole intergers despite the tag value going to 0.00. An intermediate work around has been one tag in milliseconds and using a value gadget for the tag that is in seconds and set the led or tach gadget to the tag in milliseconds with all of the value displays off.

groov has a 1.0 second scanner, so updating anything less is going to be tricky, as you have found.
Interesting work around, would love to hear more about why you are needing millisecond update on a webpage…

It’s not that the page needs to update as much as a difference in scaling of the tag and needing a bit more granularity on the triggers for color coding.

Say you want to display the time of a cycle that should be between 3 and 3.5 seconds. There is a tag in the PLC is measuring in milliseconds, so normally it is between 3,000 and 3,500. If you scale the tach gadget to .001 to get from milliseconds to seconds on the display the best you could do is color code the section between 3 and 4 and display cycle time as an operator would more likely understand it (3.25 seconds vs 3,250 ms).

Updating the page in less than 3 seconds still catches each cycle, just that there isn’t a clean way to change an led gadget or shade a section of the tach without scaling up to integers without decimals in the PLC.