Packaging PAC Projects for Portability

Dear Sir:

I am new to the OPTO22 system and I successfully designed my first PAC project program.

This is the problem. I want to take this program and run it on my customer’s site.

I save an archived file onto my usb memory stick and then I plug it into an external computer.

When I try to run a program, the program runs. However, there are all these screens that pop up saying some files are missing etc… I click OK and the windows go away and my program runs. I want to install my programs without the customer seeing these screens.

Therefore, I need to know what is the best way to “package” a program when you go onto a customer’s site so the error windows do not appear. The error windows came up probably because I saved a lot of copies of the programs that finally led to the final program (this was so I wouldn’t destroy my past code that worked). I am theorizing that I need to save my program in a specific manner and then archive the file. Can you list the best steps to take?

Also, is there an installer package that comes with the BASIC software package?

Other software developers will usually bundle the main program that you need to install with the user program. Does opto22 offer this service with any of their BASIC (freeware) packages?

Thank you for your past replies.

To give the reader a better understanding of what I am talking about. I have uploaded a *.jpg file and in that *.jpg file you can clearly see the file that the program is looking for in the same folder.

To clarify the information that I am seeking, I have worked with software development packages that bundle an installation program and a user program all in one program, so all that is needed is one click of the mouse and the entire system is installed.   

I realize that only companies that specialize in software development, generally, create these “installer packages,” therefore I am probably going to have to develop good IDE file organization techniques to accomplish the task at hand.

An experienced programmer at OPTO22 has probably made hundreds of programs and knows exactly how to organize the files for portability.   If I could be given a list of techniques I should follow, this should suffice.    I am by no means asking anyone to "develop" any code to accomplish this task.    

A working list of techniques should suffice, that is all.

To give the reader a better understanding of what I am talking about. I have uploaded a *.jpg file and in that *.jpg file you can clearly see the file that the program is looking for in the same folder.

To clarify the information that I am seeking, I have worked with software development packages that bundle an installation program and a user program all in one program, so all that is needed is one click of the mouse and the entire system is installed.
I realize that only companies that specialize in software development, generally, create these “installer packages,” therefore I am probably going to have to develop good IDE file organization techniques to accomplish the task at hand.

An experienced programmer at OPTO22 has probably made hundreds of programs and knows exactly how to organize the files for portability. If I could be given a list of techniques I should follow, this should suffice. I am by no means asking anyone to “develop” any code to accomplish this task.

A working list of techniques should suffice, that is all.

Unfortunately, this website doesn’t save files in attachment form but, instead, “uploads” the image onto the screen. In order to clearly see the issue at hand, you may need to copy the file and then view it on the Windows paint program.

I tried to send you the file, unfortunately, this was the result.