PAC Project 9.3 Software Bundle and Administrative Priviledges using Windows 7

Dear Sir:

I created a working program utilizing a R2 unit that is running on the PAC Project 9.3 software bundle.

The program runs fine, in both, the user account and the administrative account when no administrative security privileges have been set on either account.

The problem is running the program within the Windows 7 Professional environment when administrative security privileges have been put in place.

I would like to give you the details of how the O/S security measures were applied, however, I was told no explicit details about the applied security measures. I was only told that when OS “security measures” were applied, the OPTO22 program interfered with the running of another 3rd party program and, therefore, had to be uninstalled. When I first heard about this, I thought to myself that it would be improbable for the OPTO22 software to be the source of the third party software failure because if there were a user/administrative security issue, wouldn’t Windows 7 Professional disable the running of the OPTO22 software immediately, therefore, put the program in a state whereby it could never initialize, and, therefore, could not possibly interfere with the 3rd party software?

Since I have been not told the details of the problem, at this point in time, I can only ask questions as to how the OPTO22 software bundle is intended to be run when it is being run in the user account, not the administrative account. Therefore, I am going to pose fundamental questions about the OPTO22 software and how this software is “intended” to be run on a user account.

First question, are OPTO22 programs specifically designed to be run in the administrative account only and not the user account? In your reply, please explicitly state whether the software was designed to be run in both accounts, or only in the administrative account.

Second question, if OPTO22 software was designed to be run in user accounts with “administrative privileges” is there a specific installation method that must be followed? For example, only one software installation and that installation is in the administrative account only and all security configurations are made in the administrative account. Or, must some security changes also be made in the user account (it is possible to make changes in both accounts when no security measures are set). This question was posed because I am seeking a “tried and true” installation method that never results in the OPTO22 program not running correctly.

Last question:

Can you please tell me merits of the analysis that I set forth at the beginning of this post, I have cut and pasted the analysis below again for you:

“it would be improbable for the OPTO22 software to be the source of the third party software failure because if there were a user/administrative security issue, wouldn’t Windows 7 Professional disable the running of the OPTO22 software immediately, therefore, put the program in a state whereby it could never initialize, and, therefore, could not possibly interfere with the 3rd party software?”

I would like to thank you for your time.