OptoMMP Email event setop

I am trying to understand how to use OptoMMP memory mapped commands configure an email on each actuation of a scratch pad bit in a B3000-ENET.

I have set up the EMAIL CONFIGURATION—READ/WRITE area, Message 0 in EVENT MESSAGE CONFIGURATION—READ/WRITE.

If I set the scratch pad bit, Message 0: Current message state becomes a 1. If I clear the scratch pad bit, state becomes a 0. So I suspect I have the correct bit mask. The OptoMMP guide doesn’t offer sufficient detail. is an ACK write to Message 0: Current message state required?

It seems like since I can see ethernet activity on a packet analyzer when I send commands, as soon as an email event is triggered, I should see a flurry of packets on the analyzer, even if I have the wrong server information. There should at least be an attempt.
But I haven’t a clue what other mmap items I may have to set, or how to tell if an email message has been attempted and failed.

Any other user’s guides that have more detail on this topic?

PAC Manager Users Guide doc 1704 has some info on setting this up. Make sure you set F120 001C to enable. There is no TLS or even authentication support to the MMP email setup, so it is of little practical usefulness these days. You pretty much need to setup your own mail server to relay the mail.