How can I make a clear image for an Image Indicator?

Hello again!

I was wondering if there is a way to make a clear or transparent image to add to the image indicator. Essentially I want to be able to hide and show part of the page or certain elements on the page based on whether they are enabled or disabled. I figured I would do this by blanking out the part in question with a image and then making that image disappear when its in use.

Is there a way for me to make/insert a transparent or clear image to groov?

I am not a graphic artist, but we do this all the time.
Just make exactly what you describe, a transparent image and upload it to the groov Image Library.

nothing_shapes as svg.zip (850 Bytes)

The Forums will not allow .svg files to be uploaded, so I have zipped up two of them that I use in my groov Project.
Hopefully looking at these in your graphics program will show you how they are made.

In use, I simply place these over the top of the shape I am looking for action. I use the groov Z-order, and can even attach controller tags to them.

If you don’t want transparent, then make the shape the same color as the groov screen background, then use the image gadget to switch between the image that’s the same color and the image that is what you are wanting to see based on the tag value.
Let me know if you have any more questions on this and I can take some screen shots from groov to show how we set this up.

That worked beautifully. However I have occurred an additional issue. Now my image is successfully hidden behind the image and “disappears” when I want it to. but I would also like to be able to interact with that object when it becomes visible… is that even possible? I know it works in pac display but I can’t seem to get it to work on here.

Ah, yeah… um… Just want the world dontcha… (kidding)

At this stage, we cant do that. It is sort of on the request list (its complicated).
The only way the groov master of tricky-graphics and I have found to do that is to switch to another page with the object you want to interact with is is on the top.
This exact ‘request’ got covered about half way through this forum thread here.

Hows it going, this is Dave from Falex, the Groov Linux guy.

This is similar to what we’re trying to do as well. We are trying to ‘hide’ Page Navigator’s and Text Box Gadgets(Data Entry) based on certain conditions. But what I saw in the manual was that whatever ‘gadget’ was on top, that was the active ‘gadget’. So I could see the Page Navigator under the ‘hiding’ image gadget, but could not access the navigator. Still trying things out.