Groov and KEPServerEX

I’m brand new to Groov and control programming. My background is in IT. I’m trying to connect to a KEPServerEX I installed on the same PC as I’m using for Groov Build. All I’m really looking for are tags so I can build my first app. Is this my best choice or is there a better place to get tags. Connecting to the KEP server seems pretty complicated.

If someone could point me in the right direction I’d greatly appreciate it.

D

Do you have any specific devices that you are wanting in your groov app connected to the Kepserver?
Every time I need to set up groov and KepEX, I just follow this doc; http://www.opto22.com/documents/2111_Kepware_Settings_for_groov_Technical_Note.pdf

If you just want to build a groov app and see it ‘working’, then the inbuilt groov sim tags are perfect for this.
Switch to groov Build. Click on Configure => Devices and Tags. Click on “Add New Device => Data Simulator”
Start connecting gadgets and switch to groov View to see them live.

Lets know what your end goal for your app is and we will see what we can do to help you get up and running.

Thanks for getting back to me. I wasn’t able to see the data simulator nor was I able to connect to the KEPServer. Turns out I had a TCP/IP issue with my wsock32.dll. Once I resolved that, I was able to get everything working. I have the long weekend to thank for that! :-}

I found the doc you reference after I posted. Excellent tech note wich helped me after I fixed my computer problem.

The device I’m trying to connect to is an ABB PM564 PLC which I’m sure I’ll need some help with but that’s the subject of another post. :-}

Thanks again,

Dave