Get the EPIC DI/DO module state in PAC Control

The PAC Control can use the Get HDD Module Status command to move the state of the SNAP HDD module to an integer variable. So how do we move a EPIC DI/DO module state to an integer variable?

What error do you get using the same command?

EDIT. Just tested it myself and yeah, I see the problem, the EPIC I/O does not show up at all in the list.
I will let the software engineers know and we will see about getting an update pushed.

Update: This command will not be activated for a few months yet.
We require time to add it to the EPIC firmware file and put it through the QA process.

Hi Ben,

Have any update information from QA process?

Sorry for the delay getting back to this… I wanted to get a better feel for where it was at…

Its still being worked on by the software guys. It was not a trivial task to add the new commands and document them.
It is not yet in the QA cycle, so a release with these ‘new’ commands is still a work in progress.
(BTW, we are trying to release groov EPIC firmware updates once a quarter with patches as needed).

Hi Ben,

Did the latest EPIC FW solve this issue ?

No. According the software guys the work is not finished yet, so it has not gone to QA.
Just so you know, it requires both a firmware update and a PAC Control update.

It looks like it will be ready to go with PAC Project 10.3.
At the moment, since that is a future release with some point releases in the mean time, I don’t have an ETA on that version hitting the street.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Ben,

We saw the PAC Project 10.3 can move all DI/DO of groov RIO Unit to a Integer Variable and Move all AI/AO to a Table. But, we did not see the groov I/O Module. Why?

I am seeing it here.

Both the PR1 and the RIO are showing up in my list of I/O units.

What command are you using?

Hi Beno,

I use the command of " Get I/O Unit as Binary Value/64".
I find all of necessary command now.
Thanks!